AAA Youth


Important Numbers


If you feel a child is in danger and requires protection, please call the Children's Help Line from anywhere in B.C. to get help immediately (no area code necessary).

Crisis Line


Greater Vancouver 


Howe Sound & Sunshine Coast 




The Seniors' Distress Line



Sign up for HandyDART


To Book or cancel a trip


Wheelin' Mobility

24/7 On-site repair and rental for your wheelchair, scooter, or mobility equipment.

604-200-0119 or 1-877-943-3501

Vehicle Adaptation Services

Advanced Mobility has been selling, repairing, modifying and using various accessible vehicles and hand controls for over 15 years.

Emergency Service: 1-800-665-4442

Lower Mainland: 604-293-0002

Kelowna: 250-860-9920

Nanaimo: 250-754-3899

Medical Services Plan (MSP)

Lower Mainland: 604 683-7151

Elsewhere in B.C.: Toll-free: 1 800 663-7100

Useful Links


The At Home Program

The At Home Program is designed to support children and teens with a severe disability or complex health care needs. 

To be eligible for the At Home Program, a child must be:

.18 years or younger for Respite Benefits; 17 years or younger for Medical Benefits

.A resident of British Columbia

.Enrolled with British Columbia Medical Services Plan

.Living at home with a parent or guardian

.Assessed as dependent in at least three of the four activities of daily living (eating, dressing, toileting and washing).


Child and Teen Mental Health Resources

Follow the link and use the map to find mental health services and intake clinics for children and teens throughout BC.


Accessible Housing

List of resources for helping communities and individuals

make homes more accessible.


Student Aid BC

Services and useful links, home service information and many grants and scholarships available.  Links and resources to take you there.


CVU/UVC - Canadian Virtual University

The CVU website lists over 2,000 courses, and 300 degrees, diplomas, and certificates all completely online or through distance education.

Many courses can be started at any time of the year, and some have open admission requirements, meaning students only need to be 16 years of age or older.

Contact CVU universities for details on their services for students with disabilities.


Opportunities Fund For Persons With Disabilities

Looking for employment?  

This link covers one or more of the following:

tuition and books

living expenses

disability supports

a wage subsidy paid to an employer

self-employment training

dependent care and/or child care

adaptive equipment/tools

Find out more

The Right Fit Pilot Project

Are you a person who uses a wheelchair, and are looking for housing in Metro Vancouver? You may be eligible for the Right Fit Pilot Program.

The Right Fit Pilot Project (RFPP) is a multi-partner effort to address challenges in matching affordable, wheelchair-accessible homes and independent living support services in Metro Vancouver with people who need them.

Find out more

Subsidized Housing

Those who can live independently and are in receipt of a recognized disability pension or are considered disabled for income tax purposes qualify for housing. 

Find out more

Rental Assistance Program

The Rental Assistance Program provides eligible low-income working families with cash assistance to help with their monthly rent payments.

There are three ways to obtain an application form for the Rental Assistance Program:

Online: Download the Rental Assistance Program - Application Form

By mail: If you do not have a printer, you can request a paper copy of the application form be sent to you by mail by completing an online request or by calling 604-433-2218 or 1-800-257-7756

In person: Pick up a copy of the Rental Assistance Program application form at any BC Housing 

Find out more

Medical Interpreting Services

Medical Interpreting Services (MIS) is the ASL interpreter booking service funded by British Columbia’s Provincial Health Services Authority. MIS is operated by WIDHH and provides interpreters for emergency and non-emergency medical appointments in communities across BC.

To book a medical interpreter call:

BC Mainland (WIDHH Vancouver Office)


Phone: 604-736-7012

Text: 778-995-7391

TTY: 604-736-7099

Fax: 604-736-7786




Toll Free

Phone: 1-877-736-7012

TTY: 1-877-736-7099

Legal Aid

Legal aid is a range of free services. Our services include legal information, legal advice, and representation (a lawyer to take your case).

Call Centre (legal aid applications)

Greater Vancouver: 604-408-2172

Outside Greater Vancouver: 1-866-577-2525 (call no charge)

Aged Out is for young adults who were in government care in BC. It's an up-to-date warehouse of information on resources and services available to young adults and a learning tool to help people feel empowered as they leave care.

Find out more